If you’re in the Southside area of Jacksonville, Florida, you’re bound to have a good time with the options of things available to do for fun. The area spanning Jacksonville’s neighborhoods of Southpoint, Baymeadows, and Deerwood collectively offer something for everybody. Here are top 10 things to consider next time you want a sure-fire plan for an enjoyable recharge:
1) Jacksonville’s “Hands On” Children’s Museum: The Hands On Museum is a fantastic choice for families with children along for the day. According to the museum’s mission statement, the goal is participatory learning through observation, inquiry, creative construction, role-play, problem-solving, and free-play offerings. “The museum motivates children to develop their cognitive, physical, and social skills while enjoying fruitful interaction with their peers and adults”. Suggested age by patrons is elementary and younger.
2) Autobahn Indoor Speedway: On a totally different note, if you’re working with an older crowd, you just have to visit the Autobahn Indoor Speedway. This indoor go-kart track is designed to please the speed demon in you. Their European-style tracks are indoors so your need for speed can be satisfied regardless of weather condition. Participants also love the “Change Your Speed” option on their Grand Prix tracks complete with Italian pro style go karts–reaching 50 mph!
3) One Way Out Escape Room: With 7 themed options, One Way Out is one way to plan a definitely fun time with friends or family. Each room option is a mystery that you and your group must solve before time runs out, in order to escape your frightening plight! You’ll be “trapped” with 1-7 other people (depending on which room you choose/how many in your group) to work together strategically. One thing any room will teach you… you can learn a lot about people when they’re trying to save themselves before it’s “too late”!
4) Alejandro Garces Camp Tomahawk Park: For the nature-lovers, move this idea to the top of your list. Camp Tomahawk Park is the perfect stop to disconnect from the busy world and reconnect with nature’s energy. Go exploring their trails through preserved wonders like grand oak trees, stately pine, and established maple. This park was created to offer the community a safe haven to enjoy the natural lands which the original locals–the Timucua Indians–experienced.
5) Dog Wood Park: Have some fur babies you’d like to take out on the town? With one stop you can become the tail-waggin’ favorite for the rest of the week. Dog Wood Park is Jacksonville’s sizeable play place for your furry friends. Fully fenced so you can be at ease, this park features a lake where your puppies of all ages can play, trails, and self-serve bathing areas.
6) Southbank Riverwalk: If you’re looking for a little bit of an excursion, and rounding out our collection of simple outdoor fun, you need to check out the Southbank Riverwalk. Visitors love the artwork and scenery. It’s a great place for a walk to breathe in some fresh air and sunshine, or plan a walk’n’talk with an old friend. Here you’ll experience the life and beauty of downtown Jacksonville.
7) Riverside Arts Market – While you’re in the downtown portion of Southside, choose a Saturday to explore the iconic Riverside Arts Market, held from 10am-3pm. It will feature makers, crafters, farmers, artisans and more. This is the perfect way to engage on a local level and support the awesome talent, history, and lifeforce of this amazing city.
8) Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary: Bobcats, and coatinundis, and cougars… OH MY! You know that nagging desire in your soul to adopt a Siberian tiger? How about a bobcat? Well, the folks up at Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary heard your heart cry, and saw the dilemma of you not having a place to keep them… So come on and visit your beautiful spirit animal up at the Sanctuary.
9) Shopping at St John’s Town Center: “If the shoe fits…”, as they say, buy it! Whether you’re in the market for sweet new kicks, an engaging novel, a reasonably priced techie toy, or just a fun time with friends, look no further than this local outdoor mall. Featuring everything from Abercrombie & Fitch to California Pizza Kitchen to the Disney Store, there is something for everyone.
10) Cinemark Tinseltown XD: Not your average theater, the Cinemark of Southside stands up to the epic standards of Jacksonville city. The theater is known for pairing the best in current film with super great experience amenities, including (but not even limited to) stadium seating, a fully loaded classic movie concession menu, and a fun arcade area for all ages.
East Coast Injury Clinic Jacksonville, FL Office
Send A Message To East Coast Injury Clinic
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments regarding East Coast Injury Clinic, please fill out the short contact form below.